This cane maple bacon wrapped scallops recipe is absolutely amazing. Make sure you pay attention to your temperature and use high heat to get that bacon to crisp up. The bacon is insulator to the scallop once you start cooking it but then it turns into a cooking blanket once it reaches a hot temp so the instant thermometer is key. Every stove and oven and air fryer cooks different so my time and temps are all estimated and your times may vary a little. WARNING: Highly addictive to friends and family! For more great recipes by Ukulele Jay BBQ check out his website at (www.ukulelejaybbq.com).
Prep Time: 10 minute
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Fresh Scallops (12)
Hickory Smoked Bacon (6 slices) (12 if you have large scallops)
Dr. Bill’s Cane & Maple Syrup
Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Prepare your scallops, clean them and wrap each scallop with ½ piece of bacon around the scallop. If you get nice big fat sea scallops then you may need ¾ of a strip (thus double the bacon strips).
- Using an air fryer (or your favorite pan) carefully place the scallops with the bacon seam side down so the bacon does not unravel. Preheat your air fryer at 400F until preheat is done (usually 3-5 min depending on air fryer). If you do not have an air fryer, heat your skilled with avocado oil and make sure the oil is spread evenly across the pan. You will not burn avocado oil on high heat but you will burn olive oil due to its lower temperature resistance.
- Place your scallops in your air fryer or pan and start the cooking process. In the air fryer, 3 minutes and then check temp with an instant thermometer. In an air fryer there is no needs to flip. Brush on the Dr. Bill’s Cane & Maple Syrup and cover the bacon completely. Don’t worry if it gets over the scallop.
- Continue your cooking another 2-3 minutes and that should be all it takes. You want your internal temperature to be 115F so using a good instant thermometer is important if you like to be accurate in your cooking. As you take them out and rest, they have hot bacon around them so they will continue to cook. Reaching 125F is ideal for my liking as I like my scallops juicy and tender in the center.
- Immediate after removing them from the pan or air fryer, put 1tsp on top of each Scallop (you may need to roll it on the side) and let them butter melt into the scallop.
- Finish it off with ½ tsp of Dr. Bill’s Cane & Maple Syrup over the melted butter and serve.