This golden egg blini volcano recipe is a recipe for royalty using incredible hickory smoked bacon from Bill-E’s Bacon, double cream brie cheese, D.a.T. Sauce, fresh eggs, my home made blinis, and real 24 karat gold leaf. You will see the top of the volcano as you look down with the lava flow on the edges where the blinis hold a delicious mound of egg, bacon, cheese, and the D.a.T. Sauce which is the hot molten lava which then cools in brie cheese fashion carrying the gold. There are four pieces which are designed to be picked up by hand and eaten in one king size bite. This is an eruption of flavor you won’t forget! For more great recipes by Ukulele Jay BBQ check out his website at (www.ukulelejaybbq.com).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 portions of 1/2 Tbsp D.a.T. Sauce
1 ½ Tbsp Light Sour Cream
10 slices pepperoni
1 oz ground Chorizo
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Whip with the eggs and heavy cream together in a small bowl. Heat pan to medium heat. One pan is heated, add chorizo and pepperoni which will give you the oil you need to cook the omelet. I use HexClad non-stick pans so I do not add any other type of oil or spray nonstick.
- After your chorizo and pepperoni are cooked well done, sprinkle your cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the chorizo and pepperoni (do not add egg yet).
- After waiting about 30 seconds pour the egg over the top of the melting cheese and then put the additional cheese on top of the egg while it’s cooking.
- Let the eggs cook until they start firming up which at that time you want to flip your egg over and half to create the luck you see in the photo.
- After approximately two minutes I didn’t flip it over to the other side ensure you get a good cook all the way through. The omelet should be light and fluffy with the meat and cheese throughout the entire omelet.
- Takeoff your omelet and place your D.a.T Sauce shooters on top.
- Making the shooters is simple. Use approx. 1/2T of sour cream.
- Create the cup indenting the sour cream to create a reservoir and pour your D.a.T. Sauce in the reservoir
- Sprinkle with Smoked Paprika and add Parsley which isn’t just garnish. I love eating parsley blended with certain foods which provide the complexity of a 4th flavor.