This grilled shrimp skewers recipe is easy with minimal prep and the cooking time. There’s only one word to describe how good this recipe for Georgia Earle’s grilled shrimp skewers is: “Awesome.” Brushing on a little extra Georgia Earle’s BBQ Sauce on at the end of this recipe for grilled shrimp skewers ensures awesome flavor with every bite. You’re going to want to keep a little extra Georgia Earle’s BBQ Sauce on the side of this recipe for grilled shrimp skewers for dipping and even more amazing flavor with every bite.
Servings: 8 as appetizer; 4 as entrée
Active Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 min
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp (at least 16/20), peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Canola oil, as needed
- 1/3 cup Georgia Earle’s BBQ Sauce, plus additional for serving.
- In a separate bowl, toss peeled shrimp with salt, spices, lemon zest and baking soda. Refrigerate for one hour. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water to prevent scorching.
- Preheat grill for high heat, or a cast iron grill pan until just shy of smoking. Toss marinated shrimp with a couple tablespoons of canola oil to coat. Skewer shrimp, pushing the wood through from head to tail so that the shrimp is secure.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place as many skewers down that will fit in one layer across the grates.
- Baste the tops of the shrimp with a light coating of Georgia Earle’s BBQ Sauce while the other side grills. After one minute, flip the shrimp and baste the grilled side.
- Continue flipping and basting until shrimp is opaque, cooked through and charred in spots, about 3 to 4 minutes total depending on the size of the shrimp. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Squeeze lemon juice over the cooked shrimp before taking them off the grill.
- Repeat with remaining batches, transferring cooked shrimp to serving platter. Discard any unused basting sauce. Serve grilled shrimp with additional Georgia Earle’s BBQ Sauce on the side, if desired.