This egg and bacon sandwich recipe is not your traditional sandwich recipe. It is full of amazing flavor. You can fold this together for a fantastic breakfast sandwich or get a fork and knife and…slow down you move to fast. You’ve got to make the morning last! For more great recipes by Ukulele Jay BBQ check out his website at (www.ukulelejaybbq.com).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
2 Slice of Bill-E’s Bacon (or your favorite)
4 Mama Lil’s Goat Pepper Strips
2 Strips Marinated Red Pepper
American Cheese Slice
Aleppo Pepper (fine)
Sprig of Cilantro and Parsley
Toasted Potato Bun
Ocean State Pepper Co. Hippy Dippy Mix
Prepare all your ingredients and set them out for use.
- Using two small ramekins I sprayed them with PAM and put one egg in each. Cover the ramekin with cellophane tight and using a toothpick, poke 3 small holes across the top (this will allow the eggs to cook)
- Preheat your air fryer or get your favorite bacon cooking pan hot and ready to go. Cook your bacon until crispy. Using the air fryer, set your temp to 380F for 12 minutes. Each air fryer is different depending on altitude, your relative humidity, etc. but this setting gets my bacon perfect. As this is cooking, start your eggs and toast.
- Microwave your eggs for 1 minute, 30 seconds, and then take out for 2 minutes and let sit. Your microwave time may vary to get a soft boiled egg to get that yolk running over everything (yummy!)
- Take your bread and toast it and cover both the top and bottom of the bun with your Hippy Dippy mix (instructions on pack of the mix). This is amazing and is what ties this dish all together.
- Take your cooked egg, unwrap from ramekin and flip over on top of the bun. You will see a fantastic beautiful soft yolk. Put a dab of D.a.T. Sauce on the edge of one of the yolks so you don’t cover the yolk (we want that yolk visual!).
- Your bacon should be done, so take the bacon, cut each piece in half and set on top of the eggs. Set your peppers on top of the bacon and then give it a few shots of D.a.T. Sauce on top.
- Cut your American Cheese slice in strips and set several strips across the top. Set your parsley leave on top of each half and then set two stalks of cilantro across the top in the X figure you see in the photo. Finish off by sprinkling Aleppo Pepper dust over both halves and around the plate for presentation value.
- Place both halves under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes. This will melt the cheese, cook up any loose egg white you may see when you flipped over your egg, and warm up everything to serve